Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This is Luke's nursery and a description of a couple of things. The lighting isn't too good on this first one, so I guess you'll all have to come visit sometime when he gets here.




One of the shelves in the room. Chronicles of Narnia on the left. The piggy bank was given to us by Susan and Jared Dean--Jared's a firefighter also, so you can see the fire engine and there's an ambulance on the other side. Luke's name is above the engine. Very cool.


Book ends with firefighter boots, hydrant and hose. The books are old books that Jennifer's grandmother had at her house(King Arthur, Pinocchio, Robinson Crusoe, Tom Sawyer, Treasure Island and others)

We didn't make the nursery a firefighter theme, but we did put a couple of accents. I saw this one while out one day and really liked it.

The picture is a father holding his boy on his shoulders. It was Jennifer's grandmother's, so it makes it even more meaningful.


Jennifer designed the squares on the wall. I was the labor. The thin squares are real wood that we painted. The solid squares I painted on the wall. I think she did a great job.

By the chair is a basket of books Jennifer had as a kid.


Jennifer also designed the stripes on the wall. I was also the labor on this one. It took a week to paint the stripes on the wall(measuring, drawing the lines equidistant all the way up and down, taping, painting, retaping, painting again, then touching up)--but it was worth it.
The rocking horse is a fawn according to the maker. I guess you can tell by the ears.

The chair--a.k.a. a "glider"(which I just found out while researching all this pregnancy stuff)

9 comments:

Meagan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve said...

Love the nursery, it has your special "artistic flair". I can't wait to meet Luke.

Love, Dad

Hollie Reese said...

Love Love Love the nursery!!! It is so creative! Also, Jenn you look great!!!!

Julie said...

Luke is going to love his new room! I can't wait to read to him in the "swinger"!

Love, Granny Jewels

Amy Woods said...

Mom sent me to your blog! I love your nursery and can't wait to see this precious boy! P.S. you look way to awesome being pregnant!!

M Holly said...

Love the nursery! You both did an awesome job. Had dinner with Steve & Julie. They are waiting on pins and needles! I'm sure we won't be able to do our Thursday night Outback outing next week! We just know that Luke will be here by then! At least that's what we are praying!

Holly M.

Meagan said...

Love it and can't wait to see it in person! I am so glad you guys finally came over to the dark side and joined the blogging world. :)

Love you all!

Trav, Meg and LM

Britney K said...

Tommy,
I have no idea if you'll remember me or not BUT we live in a tiny world apparently. I was out to lunch with one of my dear friends, Amy Woods, and she and I were talking and I have NO idea what we were talking about but she mentioned y'all and made the connection. ANYWAY, here's background on me so you don't think I'm nuts. We were in the same Energy Group at ACU and possibly a math class. Random I know but you were the first friendly face when I was at ACU. When Amy mentioned your name I just totally remembered you being in the same group as me. My maiden name was Goodwin. I married Brad Kerely. Jennifer may remember him. Congratulations on being parents-to-be! Brad and I are as well. I pray you guys are doing well and that things go well in the home stretch of Jennifer's pregnancy. Stop by my blog anytime. Blessings to you. - Brit

David Christian said...

Great job on the nursery. It is great to see a nursery that isn't full of ducks and bunnies and pastels. Very tastefully done. And manly for the little fellow.

Congrats on the baby! I missed class Sunday morning, but I assume they announced it. That is awesome. Hope you enjoyed sleeping while you had the chance...

Tommy, dude, get the pictures up!